Back Pain Treatment in Boise, Idaho
Studies have shown 65% of people get neck pain and 85% of people get low back pain. Together, these symptoms account for the vast majority of patients seeking chiropractic care. Getting traditional chiropractic care alone or physical therapy alone has been shown to provide only temporary relief, with most research showing that the pain returns within 2 months of patients ending treatment.
In addition, recent research shows that making changes in the structural alignment of the spine and posture shows that improvement will last more than a year in recent clinical trials. If you live in the Boise area and are suffering from low back pain, Optimal Spine & Posture offers the most up to date, advanced treatment and protocols that may get rid of the pain permanently.
No one should have to tolerate persistent back pain. Frequently, once the true underlying SOURCE of the pain is identified, proper treatment can lead to long-term resolution of your symptoms. At Optimal Spine & Posture in Boise, ID, we provide a customized solution to your back pain, based on its underlying cause and the kinds of symptoms you’re experiencing. Here are a few things you should know about back pain…
Low Back Pain
Low back pain is the second most common reason for a patient to seek medical care, after only the common cold. Low back pain is commonly accompanied by pain radiating into the hips or buttocks (sciatica), numbness and tingling in the legs or feet, weakness in the legs or feet or coldness in the feet. Problems with balance also occur with chronic pain, particularly in the elderly. Low back pain is the #1 cause of disability in working-aged Americans.
Causes of Your Back Pain
There are many different reasons why you may be experiencing discomfort, and whatever the cause may be, we will find the appropriate treatment here at Optimal Spine & Posture. The most common (and most commonly overlooked) cause of back pain is abnormal posture and spine alignment. Misalignments of the spine are often seen in abnormal posture when we look at someone visually. If abnormal posture is observed, X-rays are then needed to diagnose and measure spine displacements. Abnormal spine alignment can lead to:
- Degeneration of the bones and discs – as people with poor posture and spine alignment become older, spinal discs lose hydration and flexibility. Bones compress and bone spurs form. This reduces the cushion between spine joints and can lead to pain.
- Abnormal movement of the spine – “Structure Dictates Function” – When you have abnormal alignment of your spine it affects the way the spine moves. You end up with abnormal motion and this wears the joints out and causes pain.
- Loss of normal daily activities – The pain and abnormal function of the spine causes people to alter or eliminate normal daily activities. This includes bending, squatting, lifting and carrying,
- Pinched nerve – When abnormal alignment leads to degeneration of the spine, these changes in the discs and bones can cause nerves to become pinched. This leads to symptoms such as numbness and tingling in the feet, radiating pain into the buttocks or legs, weakness in the legs, as well as coldness in the feet.
Treatment Approaches for Back Pain in Boise, ID
- Gentle Chiropractic Adjustments – Adjustments to the spine help restore joint function mechanics. Corrective mirror-image adjustments are also utilized to help realign the spine.
- Corrective Exercises – Specific types of exercises are used to both strengthen and stabilize the spine into a new, healthy alignment. This helps prevent the spine from regressing back into poor alignment.
- Corrective Traction – “Traction” is done using devices that stretch your spine to take pressure off the joints and restore normal joint mechanics. Corrective spine traction gently applies an assisted stretch to chronically constricted spinal ligaments. This allows them to return to their natural length and for the spine to resume a normal healthy shape. These therapies allow us to improve conditions that had previously been thought to be irreversible, like reversed neck curves and scoliosis
What to Expect From Corrective Spine Care at Optimal Spine & Posture
Back pain can affect every aspect of your life. The corrective chiropractic care provided at Optimal Spine & Posture in Boise will always address the underlying SOURCE of your discomfort, instead of just helping you cope with the symptoms you may be experiencing. When we get to treat the underlying cause, you’ll notice a significant reduction in your pain or discomfort level, and in many cases it will be entirely eliminated.
Probably the biggest improvement you will notice is that you have a much-improved quality of life. You will be able to play with the kids or grandkids without pain or limitation. You will wake up in the morning feeling energized and free from morning stiffness and pain. You will go to work and feel productive and positively engaging with your coworkers. Your quality of life will be where it is supposed to be!
If you have any kind of back pain that you just can’t get long-term relief from, we urge you to contact us at Optimal Spine & Posture for a consultation. After a full evaluation, we’ll be able to tell you whether or not you’re a good candidate for corrective chiropractic treatment, and we’ll work with you to develop a plan for treatment. Call us today, and begin your journey back to a state of Optimal health.