Neck Pain Treatment in Boise, Idaho
With the ever-increasing use of portable electronic devices and computers, the prevalence of neck pain is reaching new highs year after year. There are likely over 100,000 people living with neck pain in Boise. Neck pain frequently becomes so persistent and unrelenting it can affect every aspect of daily life.
Studies have shown 65% of people get neck pain and 85% of people get low back pain. Together, these symptoms account for the vast majority of patients seeking chiropractic care. Getting traditional chiropractic care alone or physical therapy alone has been shown to provide only temporary relief, with most research showing that the pain returns within 2 months of patients ending treatment.
In addition, recent research shows that making changes in the structural alignment of the spine and posture shows that improvement will last more than a year in recent clinical trials. If you live in the Boise area and are suffering from neck pain, Optimal Spine & Posture offers the most up to date, advanced treatment and protocols that may get rid of the pain permanently.
No one should have to tolerate persistent neck pain. Frequently, once the true underlying SOURCE of the pain is identified, proper treatment can lead to long-term resolution of your symptoms. At Optimal Spine & Posture in Boise, ID, we provide a customized solution to your neck pain, based on its underlying cause and the kinds of symptoms you’re experiencing. Here are a few things you should know about neck pain…
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Most people have an underlying spinal problem causing them to be in pain. These spinal problems often cause symptoms such as pain (in the neck, head or shoulders), limited range of motion, tenderness, numbness and tingling in the arms hands and fingers, weakness in grip strength, coldness in the hands, etc. Here are a few of the common causes of neck pain:
- Whiplash – this happens when your neck is jolted forcefully and suddenly, which puts tremendous stress on your neck muscles. Common in car crashes and falls
- Structural problem – such as a reversed curvature in the neck or a scoliosis causing compression of discs and joints.
- Neurological Origin – such as a pinched nerve, spinal cord problem or even abnormal functioning of the brain.
- Sports injuries – many athletes develop sore necks after experiencing some kind of trauma to the neck area.
- Poor ergonomics – the position you are in during work-related activities, such as computer use can change the alignment of your spine.
- Age – over time your neck joints can wear down. This is commonly called arthritis or degeneration and is commonly associated with neck pain.
- Stress and anxiety – when you become stressed, it’s likely that some of the body’s major muscle groups will knot up including the neck area
- Poor sleeping position – this is a very common trigger for neck pain, because sleeping in an awkward position can aggravate the underlying problem
- Pinched nerve – many people develop pinched nerves as a result of neck arthritis, bulging disks, or bone spurs
Treatment Approaches for Neck Pain in Boise, ID
- Gentle Chiropractic Adjustments – Adjustments to the spine help restore joint function mechanics. Corrective mirror-image adjustments are also utilized to help realign the spine.
- Corrective Exercises – Specific types of exercises are used to both strengthen and stabilize the spine into a new, healthy alignment. This helps prevent the spine from regressing back into poor alignment.
- Corrective Traction – “Traction” is done using devices that stretch your spine to take pressure off the joints and restore normal joint mechanics. Corrective spine traction gently applies an assisted stretch to chronically constricted spinal ligaments. This allows them to return to their natural length and for the spine to resume a normal healthy shape. These therapies allow us to improve conditions that had previously been thought to be irreversible, like reversed neck curves and scoliosis
What to Expect From Corrective Spine Care at Optimal Spine & Posture
Neck pain can affect every aspect of your life. The corrective chiropractic care provided at Optimal Spine & Posture in Boise will always address the underlying SOURCE of your discomfort, instead of just helping you cope with the symptoms you may be experiencing. When we get to treat the underlying cause, you’ll notice a significant reduction in your pain or discomfort level, and in many cases it will be entirely eliminated.
Probably the biggest improvement you will notice is that you have a much-improved quality of life. You will be able to play with the kids or grandkids without pain or limitation. You will wake up in the morning feeling energized and free form morning stiffness and pain. You will go to work and feel productive and positively engaging with your coworkers. Your quality of life will be where it is supposed to be!
If you have any kind of neck pain that you just can’t get long-term relief from, we urge you to contact us at Optimal Spine & Posture for a consultation. After a full evaluation, we’ll be able to tell you whether or not you’re a good candidate for corrective chiropractic treatment, and we’ll work with you to develop a plan for treatment. Call us today, and begin your journey back to a state of Optimal health.